We live in a world where basic things have been neglected because we feel that as we advance in life, we need to drop some things we used to do. Just as children, we need to maintain certain habits in order to get through with life. Unfortunately, society has emphasized otherwise and made us feel that it is not acceptable to do things like children who have no worries do. It is written in the bible, “unless you change and become like little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3). This is not only limited to spirituality but also includes our lifestyle. We are made to believe that certain things we used to do are no longer important and this has affected us in various ways. We fail to realize that practicing these basic things does not make us go backward in life, but they remind us of where we are from and help us know how to handle situations when we face challenges.
As you go through life I want you all to remember some of the basic actions that have been neglected by our society which could make a huge difference in our lives if embraced once again.
– It is okay to cry.
– It is okay to share your feelings with people.
– It is okay to be unique and stand out.
– It is okay to fail. What matters is the act carried out after failing.
– It is okay not to be perfect.
– It is okay not to be a doctor, lawyer, and engineer.
– It is okay to pursue your passion over society’s view of the best careers. Just be the best in whatever you do.
– It is okay to pray to the Almighty. I mean, you can’t do it on your own.
– It is okay to be humble.
– It is okay to ask questions about everything.
– It is okay to persevere through difficult times.
– It is okay to spend time with friends and family.
– It is okay to live and live smiling every day.